1. Ladakh is famous for turquoise and coral when it comes to gems and jewellery.
When tourists invade this small town in Jammu and Kashmir, all roads seem to lead to the Main Bazar where bargaining is a fine art. From Buddhist prayer wheels to Tibetan singing bowls, from the famed pashmina shawls to trendy customized T-shirts, there is no end to the wide variety of attractions. But nothing beats Leh’s main attraction: turquoise jewellery.
2. Try Ladags Apricot store for local apricots
Apricot locally known as “Chulli” is one of nutritious , delicious commercially imported fruit in ladakh. It is found in abundance in sham valley, Dha hanu & Dhomkar area. Apricot, being a unique, tolerant and highly stable plant, can grow exuberantly in wide range of jagged sandy soil, having very low nutrient and moisture content, in the Cold desert of Ladakh.
3. J&K Government Arts Emporium for fixed price Kashmiri Souvenirs for your loved ones.
4. Gol market is famous for inexpensive stuff like clothing, bags etc.
5. Don’t forget to collect personalized T-Shirts from market.
6. You can also put Pashmina Shawls, prayer wheels/ flags in your take away list.
7. Locally handmade woolen socks, gloves, caps and sweaters are a favorite of tourists in Ladakh.
9. Try Thupka- the Ladakhi food, when in local maket and Momos at Chopsticks restaurant.