If you want to explore the adventures yet beautiful Leh Ladakh, all you need to do is pick the best Leh Ladakh tour packages, get ready and start exploring your dream destination. Leh ladakh trip is everybody dream and on every adventure lover bucket list. Here is the comprehensive travel guide that will help you plan a perfect trip to Leh Ladakh.
Leh Ladakh is cold desert of India located in Himalayas region. Because of high altitude the terrain is little harsh and due to high altitude the oxygen content in air is also very low which make this terrain more tough to travel. But with little preparation and knowledge you can make this dream come true. Here are the things and pointers to keep in mind while planning trip to Leh ladakh.
How many days are required for road trip to Ladakh.
Usually the number of days depend on choice of places you choose to see in ladakh also vice a versa the number of days you can spare for the trip. If you are planning trip by road then there are 3 ways to enter Leh Ladakh region.
- Srinagar to Leh Ladakh. Via Zojila Pass
- Manali to Leh Ladakh. Via Rohtang Pass. (in 2019 we are expecting that rohtang tunnel will open which will make the journey short between Manali & Leh)
- Directly fly to Leh Ladakh.
Leh Ladakh and aroundRoute:-
- Route Attractions: Leh- Khardung La- Nubra Valley- Hunder-Turtuk -Diskit- Sumur- Panamik- Agham shyok- Pangong Lake- Chang La – Karu- Hall of Fame- Leh Palace- 3 Idiot school – Gurudwara pathar sahib- thiksey monastery-Shanti stupa
Tips to tackle Altitude Sickness.
- Make sure you are physically fit to undertake the trip. Leh Ladakh trip is not meant for people suffering from asthma, heart disorders, or high blood pressure. On reaching Leh Ladakh, you should relax the first two days so that your body can adapt to the low atmospheric pressure. It is advisable not to head towards Pangong Lake or Nubra Valley soon after your arrival as it can cause Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) even if you are physically fit. However, you can opt for short trips to Stock, Hemis, Nimoo, Thiksey, etc. to visit the beautiful Gompas.
- Keep yourself hydrated but don’t overdo it as over-hydration can harm your body. Also, avoid drinking alcohol and smoking to prevent AMS. In case of medical emergency, you can visit LHF Hospital or SNM Hospital in Leh City or visit army medical camps located at Sarchu and Pang.
- In case you experience giddiness, nausea, headache, or exhaustion in Khardung La Pass, you should take a break and descend without more ado.
- Clothes to Carry For Your Trip
- Carry at least two to three pullovers, jackets, ear muffs, caps, thermal wear and pairs of socks.
- Carry waterproof gloves, scarves, comforters, and shawls so that you can dress in layers to stay warm.
- Do not forget to pack a rain jacket to from unpredicted rain and snowfall.
- A pair of gumboots for riding and trekking.
- Carry towels.
- Other Essentials
- Carry soaps, sunscreen lotion, moisturizers, UV protection sunglasses, medical kit, and pain relievers, and other preventive medicines to soothe high altitude sickness. Alternately, you can opt for garlic soup— an ancient Ladakhi home remedy for treating altitude sickness.
- Your cellphone, its charger, and a power bank.
- Camera with its battery charger.
- A Flashlight Torch.
- Energy bars, dry fruits, chocolates, and water bottle.
General Tips for Bikers
- If you are planning a motorbike trip, get your bike serviced well in advance.
- Do not forget to carry your voter’s ID, driving license, and other travel documents and permits as you may have to present these documents at different check posts.
- Carry bike tool kits, inner tube repair kit, and a petrol jar to carry at least twenty liters of extra petrol with you.
- Carry adequate cash with you as ATMs are not available in the remote areas of Leh Ladakh. Moreover, credit cards are also not accepted by travel agents and hotels.
If you are looking for the best Leh Ladakh tour packages, you can check the various packages our company offer, we also customized Leh Ladakh tour packages to suit your budget as well as preferences. Kindly contact us for the same.